Application OPEN! 15 SLOTS AVAILABLE
Flight Camp is your opportunity to learn about all aspects of aviation, on the ground and in the air.
It’s also an opportunity to grow in your relationship with Jesus Christ and consider how you can live your life for Him.
Dates: July 02-July 07
Cost: $550 with a $25 scholarship from Baptist Park
*$575 experience for the cost of $550*
ONLY 15 SLOTS AVAILABLE!
Must submit $100 non-refundable deposit to secure your spot.
If you submit an application but do not submit $100 deposit your spot is NOT secured.
Please email email@example.com with any questions you may have
Before you can register...
You must read the following Terms & Conditions
Baptist Park conducts a summer camp program that introduces teen-aged youth to missionary and humanitarian aviation. This program challenges and inspires young people through classroom learning, proprietary video material, hands-on exposure to aircraft maintenance, and introductory flights in light aircraft.
A few things to note…
1. At no time is flight instruction being offered or given, but campers are encouraged to pursue flight training after camp is over.
2. Campers may follow along on the controls, but the pilot will remain in control of the aircraft at all times.
3. Safe attitudes and actions are stressed in all activities, in and out of the aircraft.
4. Campers are not being charged for flight time. The camper fee for this unique experience is all-inclusive, and reflects only a small shared aircraft operation expense, due to the generosity of our donors and the aircraft owner who underwrite most of the cost. These partners and our qualified volunteer pilots enable us to offer this program to you very inexpensively.
5. Age – strictly ages 13-18 years old
· We do not accept anyone under age 13 for any circumstances
· 19-year-olds interested in attending should contact Baptist Park at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an age waiver. In your request, tell us why you want to attend Flight Camp and what you hope to gain from this experience.
6. Attention span and maturity are two primary considerations for a family to consider prior to registration. This is not your typical summer youth camp. It requires that the young person can concentrate on unfamiliar material and understand a wide range of topics relating to aviation and missions. The aviation material is basic, but safety of operations in and around aircraft requires mature thinking, attention and responsiveness. The missions and bible topics taught require a teachable attitude. In short, it will provide them with an exciting challenge. Younger, or less mature campers tend to day-dream and their attention is a must if this is to be a benefit to them.
7. Physical stature: A height of at least 5′ – 3″ will enable a camper to reach the rudder pedals of the aircraft and still be able to see over the instrument panel simultaneously while at the controls in flight. The time in the airplane will prove to be a great frustration to them if these are not achievable.
In order to assure the highest degree of safety, integrity, and effective ministry at our youth aviation camps, please assure your child fits all of the above criteria. If so follow the link below to fill out the registration form and submit to Baptist Park. The Form must be completed and signed by the parent or legal guardian, from the parent’s email address, and not the campers.
If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Aviation In General
Campers will be introduced to aviation in general as they explore questions like: How does an airplane fly? What keeps it in the air? How do pilots control an airplane? How does weather influence flight? How do pilots communicate with other pilots and people on the ground? How does someone become a pilot? What jobs are there in aviation? And more!
Actual Flight Experience
Flight camp offers an unforgettable introductory flight experience. A licensed, qualified pilot will lead campers through pre-flight preparations and then give them actual flight experience (weather permitting) in an airplane. There’s nothing like seeing the world from the air, and you’ll have a front seat view at Flight Camp.
Campers will learn how aviation is used to help missionaries serve others and spread the gospel. Along the way, campers will be asked to consider if God is calling them to serve Him as a pilot or in another technical missions field.
Questions? Contact us